Sunday, January 30, 2011

From Sweden With Love.

This is absolutely fantastic.

Psychadelic rock music from Sweden, circa 1969

If you love organ, and I sure love organ this really hits the spot.

Distinctly Swedish, clearly ahead of the times
http://mutant-sounds.blogspot.com/2011/01/bib-set-it-wasnt-meant-to-happen-lp.html

Also, some other good music while I have this open.

I picked this up on vinyl a couple of months ago, I can't find any videos of this live, but lemme tell ya Wild Bill Davis is one hot organist



This is very good, as is most things from KEXP, sort of a gothic southern type of music. What really sets this off for me is the upright bass, I don't really know how to explain it but it just makes this cut absolutely fantastic



this is very, very earnest, I'm not sure what more ya could want.



These guys are another psych band, unfortunatel somewhat of a super group, they lack enthusiasm I think, they're definitely helped out by basically being a collection of really dynamite musicians

No comments:

Post a Comment